环境：slackeware 12.2， wine 1.1.15
If you want to install Internet Explorer automatically, use IEs4linux. The following howto is dedicated to experienced users, who do not want to use IEs4linux.
(Note: This was last tested on Wine 0.9.60)
- Make new configuration directory with different wineprefix directory.
wineprefixcreatewineprefixcreate --prefix ~/.wineIE6
- The following steps are expecting, that the WINEPREFIX variable is set to path to the directory for IE6, so run
- You have to delete or move the following files, otherwise Wine won't let IE6 installer to install necessary files:
- Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe
- mshtml.dllshdoclc.dllshdocvw.dllshlwapi.dllurlmon.dll wininet.dll in ~/.wineIE6/windows/system32 directory
- Run winecfg, go to Libraries tab and add overrides for the following applications and libraries: iexplore.exemshtmlshdoclcshdocvwshlwapiurlmonwininetmlang setting them to native, builtin.
- Set Wine version to 2000 in winecfg.
- Lower the version of installed IE by running regedit and then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Version for example to 5.0.
- Run IE6SETUP.EXE. It should complete without errors. (you can run it with /q parameter for installation without asking)
If you get an error saying "The download location information is damaged", please make sure you are not using a remote mounted drive (nfs, samba, etc.). If you are, you can trick the installer into thinking it is an attached drive by going into winecfg->Drives->show advanced and change the type from "Autodetect" to "Local hard disk". (This happen also on Windows)
If you still get this error, it might be because Microsoft's server sometimes don't send the right infos to the installer. Try again. (This happen also on Windows)
- Now you have to re'register all dlls in ~/.wineIE6/windows/system32 directory. Open any terminal application go to this directory and run this command twice:
for i in *.dll *.ocx; do regsvr32 /i $i; done
- At this point IE6 will run but it won't display any content. To resolve this problem you should download msls31.dll file (use google) into ~/.wineIE6/windows/system32 directory.
- Now you can run IE with
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wineIE6" wine iexplore.exe
============================================================IE 7 on Linux with WineAbout Internet Explorer 7
Windows Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) is a web browser released by Microsoft in October 2006. Internet Explorer 7 is part of a long line of versions of Internet Explorer and is the first major update to the browser in over 5 years. It ships as the default browser in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and is offered as a replacement for Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Estimates of IE7's global market share place it between approximately 26% and 47%.
Large portions of the underlying architecture, including the rendering engine and security framework, have been significantly reworked. New features include tabbed browsing, page zooming, an integrated search box, a feed reader, better internationalization, and improved support for web standards. Security enhancements include a phishing filter, stronger encryption on Windows Vista, and a "Delete browsing history" button to easily clear private data.Wine configuration
This is with a clean configuration directory, with no other applications or games installed.
Linux Distribution: Ubuntu 8.04
Windows version emulated: XP
Wine version tested: 1.1.14Wine DLL Overrides
DLL Overrides can be set in winecfg, just run winecfg from your favorite terminal and then go to Libraries and set the above DLL's as shown above.
You will also need to copy a number of DLL's from a Windows XP machine and place them in /system32 as winetricks doesn't provide these DLL's at this time.
Now download winetricks
if you don't already have it and install the following Windows redistributables.
After the install run winecfg set comctl32.dll back to builtin Wine.IE 7 install in Wine
Download Windows Internet Explorer 7
for Windows XP from Microsoft and save it to your home directory.
Now open a terminal and run
$ wine IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
The IE 7 install should now start, I didnt select the Windows security updates in my install.IE 7 on Wine Screen Shots
Here's a few Screen Shots of IE 7 running on my Ubuntu 8.04 laptop.